Why you need adapt
Whilst your marketing needs to work to a global ROI or CPA, the day-to-day business of running an eCommerce site often means balancing that overall need, with the continual change in sales priorities, and meeting that ongoing challenge in the face of thousands of items that need to be marketed, require bespoke feature rich ads and campaigns, and experience continual changes to price and availability.
These are just a few of the challenges you may face:
An inability to identify and quickly react to these challenges undermines your search campaigns' profitability.
- There is a failure to sell and market all lines and products
- Ad budget is wasted marketing what’s inherently unsellable
- Valuable tactical sales opportunities are missed
- Products pass their sell window, leaving you with excess and unsellable inventory
- Budgets are not re-allocated to profitable and priority areas, leaving quotas short, key products unsold and margins thinned out.
- Feature-rich ad copy goes out of date delivering poor & inconsistent messaging, customer experience leading to low CTR, higher CPCs and falling ROI.
Traditional bid tools are unable to manage these practical yet complex layers of business needs and require considerable manual intervention on behalf of the search specialist. They will have to invest a lot of time liaising with the ecommerce team and translating needs into a practical targeting, bidding and budgeting strategy and build out the PPC campaign.
Of course, by the time this gets underway and implemented, the opportunity is often lost and the damage is already done.
How adapt works
Adapt tackles this challenge head-on as it's the only search marketing management platform developed around the challenges faced by busy eCommerce sites.
It works out what you sell and what revenue and margin level it can generate for you, builds campaigns to market each piece and uniquely integrates analytics data to work out what campaign sells what. So, when you need your strategy to adapt to new sales goals, it can do it quickly, automatically and even predictively.
At the heart of adapt lies a fundamental product driven logic, of closed loop campaigns:
- It builds comprehensive campaigns from the SKU level up to each possible roll up category level to ensure total marketing coverage of your inventory.
- Dynamic ad templating, builds feature rich copy for each product or category, incorporating and synching live product data like prices and features.
- Our inventory-level integration monitors availability to turn campaign budgets up and down as their stock levels change.
- Value data is tied to each product to see through simple sales numbers and basket values.
- Closed loop analytics identify which part of the campaign sells what product, and at what level of returns, so budget can be rapidly and automatically re-allocated to achieve global and specific business goals.
- Product oriented layers of functionality above the keyword level, allow for the intuitive planning and execution of campaigns based on real category by category sales and operational needs, as well as providing the capability of full and more granular search management.
Adapt in action
- Your database of products is integrated into the adapt system via data dumps, live XML or a variety of other methods.
- Using Greenlight’s proprietary algorithms, adapt sorts the data into products, categories and subcategories, under the watchful eye of your Greenlight account team.
- Structured keyword-expanded campaigns are then generated from the data.
- All campaigns are tested, checked and approved.
- Campaigns are uploaded directly into your search engine accounts via our API connections to the engines’ systems.
- The process repeats every time a product is updated in your database, generating new ads or campaigns as required.
What our clients say
“…as a result [of using adapt technology] we have had great success across our campaign…”
"Greenlight's adapt tool allows HMV.co.uk to only show products that are in stock and ensures that the pricing is always accurate. This precision targeting is essential for us because in such a competitive market we cannot afford to throw budget away through an agency's inability to manage our ads effectively. Greenlight is the only agency with this technology and methodology, and as a result we have had great success across our campaign. Within a month of implementing adapt, our CPC is the lowest it has been to date and all ROI targets have already been exceeded."
Paul Huggett, Internet Marketing Manager, HMV.co.uk